danielleackleymcphail

Danielle Ackley-McPhail - Chronicler of the Bad-Ass Faeries

Award-winning author and editor of the Bad-Ass Faeries Anthologies and other genre fiction.

DARKOVER SCHEDULE

Hello,

For those going to Darkover in Timonium, MD this upcoming weekend (www.darkovercon.org) please do look me up. Here is my convention schedule. At most other times you can find me in the dealer's "room".

FRIDAY

6:00 – 7:00PM: What Makes a "Good" Villain? - Writers - including the likes of Shakespeare and Milton - have realized that including a well-written (often charismatic) villain can be truly important to a story. How can writers avoid including a stereotypical "mustache-twirling" two-dimensional baddie in their works? Langsam(M), Crawford, Scott, Ackley-McPhail, Friedman.

8:00 – 9:00PM: Reading – Timonium Room

9:00 - 10:00PM: Don & Thomas's Wedding - Held in Atrium

SATURDAY

3:00 – 4:00PM: Stick a Gear on it and call it Steampunk -A discussion by writers of the concept of cross-genre mixes of Steampunk with, well, everything. Romance, Lovecraftian horror, science fiction, mystery, westerns. Hammond(M), Edghill, Ackley-McPhail, Sonnier, Knight.

5:00 PM – Broad Universe Reading (Held inside Programming 2: Chesapeake 3-5): Danielle Ackley-McPhail, Margaret Carter, Meriah Crawford, Elektra Hammond, Kelly A. Harmon, Erika Satifka, Vonnie Winslow Crist, Leona Wisoker, Sarah Pinsker (M)

6:00 PM to 8PM - The Art of Sensual Writing - incorporating the five senses into your fiction

SUNDAY

12:00 – 1:00PM: Short Stories vs. Novels: Does Size Matter? -How does "word count" affect the writer's craft? Writers discuss different strategies and goals when writing short vs. long fiction. Pinsker(M), Ackley-McPhail, Crist, Harmon, Sonnier

This is our last con for the year so we would love to see all of you while we have a chance before the holidays!

Also, our newest release will be featured there, a memorial book for Jaelle, the chair of Darkover, who passed earlier this year. Jaelle: Her Book contains a story by both myself and Mike McPhail, my husband. I'll be selling them for the con so please do come check it out. All proceeds will go toward the upkeep of the convention.

Best,